Google’s Blogspot service, also known as Blogger, gives users the ability to assign a custom domain name for free, as long as the user presently owns the domain name. If you have a domain name registered through GoDaddy, and want to direct it to your Blogspot blog, you can do so with ease. If you want to redirect a subdomain to your Blogspot blog, you’ll have to create the appropriate record in your GoDaddy DNS manager.
Read Also: How To Add Custom Ads.txt File To Blogger Website
1. Sign in to your GoDaddy account. Click on “My Account,” and then click on “Domains.” Click “Launch” beneath “DNS Manager.”
2. Click on “Edit Zone” next to the domain name you want to use.
3. Click on “Add Record,” and then select “CNAME (Alias).”
Read Also: How To Disable Picture Downloading In Blogspot
4. Type the desired subdomain name in the “Alias” box. In the “Points To” box, type the following: ghs.google.com
5. Click on “Save Zone File.”
6. Sign in to your Blogspot account. Click on “Settings.” Click on “Publishing.”
Read Also: How To Show Star Ratings In Google Search Results For Blogger Blog
7. Click on “Advanced Settings,” and then type your custom subdomain in the “Your Domain” box.
8. Fill out the word verification puzzle, and then click on “Save Settings.” Choose whether or not to redirect the primary domain to the subdomain.